The Park School of Baltimore has an opening for part-time staff in its extended day program. Staff in this position supervise children after regular school hours. Applicants must enjoy interacting with children in grades K-5.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervising students: Supervise students inside our building as well as outside in our playgrounds in order to ensure a safe environment as they engage in a variety of activities
- Engaging with students: Engage and play with students in a professional manner while creating a fun, inviting, and relaxed environment
- Communicating: Communicate regularly with the Director of Extended Day, and communicate any issues or concerns to the site coordinator
- Planning: Help to develop and plan activities for the students and create a schedule of the activities
- Other duties as assigned
Work Hours and Days
Monday through Friday 2:45-6 p.m. (beginning on August 26, 2019)
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree and/or experience working with children in a school or daycare environment
- Transcripts of coursework in elementary education and/or coursework in childcare classes
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must enjoy playing and interacting with children
- Must take initiative, be self-directed, and capable of independently identifying and solving problems
- Must have good communication skills and work well with both children and adults
- Job requires playing with children both indoors and outdoors
Park salaries are highly competitive with those in other leading independent schools. There are no benefits associated with this position.
Send letter of interest (email preferred), salary requirements, and resume to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The school does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee's duties.