Instructor: Jennifer Lee
Date/Hours: July 14 - August 6, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:30 p.m. — participants are encouraged to prep ingredients in the half-hour before each class (Synchronous)
Age: Most suitable for age 10 and up, but open to all. Parental supervision advised for younger cooks, as there will be chopping with knives and stirring of pots on a hot stove.
Tech Needs: A device to access Zoom
Required Materials: Kitchen essentials. I will use a pressure cooker for a few dishes, but a large pot with a lid is fine – it will just take a bit longer to cook. On Friday afternoons I will share recipes, prepping instructions, and shopping lists for the coming week’s recipes.
Description: Students will make a different Greek dish each class, moving from simpler to more involved recipes:
- Fasolakia -- stewed green beans
- Spanakorizo – spinach rice
- Horiatiki salata, tsatsiki, and soublaki – Greek salad, yogurt dip, and gyros (veggie and non-veggie options)
- Spanakopita – spinach and cheese pies
- Gigantes – baked giant beans
- Imam baldi – baked eggplant
- Dolmades – stuffed grape leaves
- Yemistá – stuffed tomatoes and peppers