Park School is a co-ed pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 independent school in northwestern Baltimore County, Maryland with approximately 200 full-time employees and many seasonal employees. Visit our website at www.parkschool.net for more information about the school.
The Park School of Baltimore is accepting applications for a 10-month, part-time Middle School Administrative Assistant I. Under direct supervision of Middle School Principal, this non-exempt position provides administrative support for the following members of the Middle School Division: Principal, Dean of Students, School Counselors, Learning Resource Teachers, the Coordinator of Community & Student Services, the Director of Appalachian Challenge, the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and the Administrative Assistant II.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Administrative Support (55%)
Daily and Primary
- Handle parent inquiries regarding conferences, sports, homework and other general information
- Assist students and parents; deliver messages to students
- Monitor student daily attendance and make updates throughout the day
- Set up and maintain student files such as quarterly reports, ERB’s, and confidential files
- Prepare and maintain Excel spreadsheets, collect and analyze data
- Handle minor student issues such as lost items and trouble with lockers
- Assist in set up and break down of weekly assemblies (If needed)
- Create and maintain bulletin boards in the Middle School Hallway (if needed)
- Help coordinate logistics for school dances (food, chaperones, etc.)
- Place orders for office machine repairs and routine maintenance
- Assist the School Nurse with students when needed
- Gather student transcripts and create mailing packet to be sent to prospective schools on behalf of students
- Gather, sort, and deliver mail for entire Middle School
- Manage the lost and found, keep Middle School Commons tidy and organized (MS Student Gov’t will help)
- Collect permission slips for various off campus field trips
- Print and file student reports
- Email 6 week reports home
Guidance Counselor (3%)
- Prepare spreadsheets and documents for Mentors Program, Eighth Grade Retreat, and Life Skills
- Copy and collate materials for notebooks for Eighth Grade Retreat
- Prepare surveys and questionnaires for life skills classes
- Collate the data from surveys and questionnaires
- Type notes from meetings with parents and students for files
Learning Resource Teacher (5%)
- Assist and prepare various spreadsheets for Middle School data
- Coordinate logistics for student testing through ERB website
- Coordinate ERB Testing schedule to include assigning rooms and faculty for proctoring
- Assist with ERB Testing proctoring with students as needed
- Create and send letter containing ERB scores to parents
- Copy and prepare confidential student folders
- Act as liaison between tutors and students for relaying messages
Director of DEI and Coordinator of Community & Student Services (5%)
- Scheduling for the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Assist as needed with various e-mails, etc.
- Assist with Day of Service
- Reserve meeting location and needs
Director of Appalachian Challenge (2%)
- Collect permission forms for challenge/class trips and follow up with students who have missing forms.
Special Projects and Other Assignments (10%)
- Assistance with Exploratory Learning Week
- Assist with end of year closing ceremony
- Assist with end of year field party
- Assist other Administrative Assistant with correspondence, mailings, and various projects
Gym Monitor Duties (20%)
- Monitor the students in the gym from 8-8:30 a.m., 10:45-11 a.m., and 1-1:30 p.m.
- Get out basketballs from closet, make sure student’s put them away then lock up when done.
- Use the radio to contact the nurse if there are any injuries
- Sub for teachers when a sub or other coverage is not available between 8:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
- Sub for After Day when needed (usually no more than 5 times per year) from 3:15-6 p.m.
WORK HOURS AND DAYS
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–1:30 p.m. (5.5 hours/day), and as noted under “Occasional” duties; approx. 27.5 hours per week.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Related experience including experience working with children desired
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter, creative thinker
- Responsive, positive, and attentive to parent, teacher, and student concerns
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attentive to detail when composing, typing, and proofing materials
- Able to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of secretarial/office procedures, and operation of standard office equipment
- Maintain absolute confidentiality and professionalism
- Intermediate analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work
- Required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to swiftly walk the hallways to deliver messages to teachers and students
- Some light physical effort required (moving boxes, paper, files, etc.)
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Other duties may be requested or assigned.
Park salaries and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading independent schools.
Send letter of interest stating that you are applying for the “part-time MS AAI” position, resume, salary requirements, and references to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee's duties.