Park School is a co-ed pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 independent school in northwestern Baltimore County, Maryland with approximately 200 full-time employees and many seasonal employees. Visit our website at www.parkschool.net for more information about the school.
The Lower School Administrative Assistant provides communication between and support for students and their families, faculty, staff and administrators. The position also serves as backup for the switchboard, and for help with other projects, as assigned. Camp Assistant duties include providing administrative, technical, and marketing support in preparation for and during, Park’s summer camp programs. This is a 12-month position, 30 hours per week during the academic year, and 40 hours per week during summer camps.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lower School Administrative Assistant
General Office Operations Lower School
- First point of contact for Lower School office—answer phones, emails, and address issues with faculty, parents and children.
- Collect, record and distribute daily attendance, milk, lunch and dismissal plans in online data management system. Connect parents with students leaving early. Record late arrivals and early dismissals.
- Address needs of students, families, and faculty received throughout the day via email, telephone, and in person. Update any weather-related sports/PE/after school activity changes. Cross reference after school sign ups of students to insure clarity in afternoon plans for all students.
- Serve as adult presence as students arrive in the morning. Fill in for miscellaneous duties such as recess and lunch as needed.
- Supervise and attend to Kindergarten bus riders in the morning.
- Maintain and attend to the needs of LS workroom including mail and management of materials.
- Maintain lost and found.
- Point person for copier service/maintenance and office supply provisions.
- Assist office and teachers with inputting SPARs, maintenance requests, etc.
- Maintain daily distribution of lunch cards.
- Update Extended Day and bus list daily.
- Assist in management of principal’s calendar and sending reminders.
- Assist in handling of bulk correspondence to families; sending letters from principal, assisting with sending/filing of reports and standardized testing and the parent and faculty summer mailings.
- Proofreading, letters to families and other general office correspondence.
- Work with Camp Director on brochure and website design. Review, proof, and submit updates to Communications.
- Update information in local camp publications and secure space at local camp fairs.
- Prepare and send out promotional literature to perspective families.
- Talk with camper families to answer questions and promote the camp program.
- Work with Communications Department to update camp database annually with regard to pricing, dates, camp offerings, lunch, extended day, etc.
- Oversee online camper enrollments. Enter manual enrollments as needed.
- Enter staff information into camp database to facilitate reporting.
- Build and maintain reports for Camp Director, Director of Accounting, and Director of Finance and Operations.
- Bill charges and track payments to ensure that all tuitions, extended day fees, and lunch expenses are paid in full in a timely manner.
- Monitor enrollments and record all manual changes, charges, and payments in camp database.
- Prepare summary of payments received by check and cash for Business Office deposit.
- Reconcile payment gateway and camp software credit card monthly. Submit to Business Office.
- Prepare requisitions for camp invoices and employee reimbursements. Submit for payment.
- Administer camp lunch program.
- Prepare and proof read documents for camper families including: welcome letter, extended day application, medication form, summer mailing packet, camper directory, payment verification letters for flex spending, submittal forms, etc.
- Review all forms (online and paper) from year to year for updates (terms and conditions, guest form, paper enrollment forms for camp, lunch, and transportation). Submit edits to Communications.
- Secure resources internally for open houses, orientations, and meetings.
- Prepare and distribute employment letters and onboarding packet. Collect and track through hire.
- Coordinate government agency filings.
- Order supplies.
- Maintain and distribute daily reporting including; dens and den rosters, attendance, lunch orders, before/after care lists, and camper dismissal plans.
- Answer all incoming camp phone calls and respond to questions regarding camp.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
And other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and applicable administrative experience.
- Experience working with children and a sense of humor a must.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and database applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Present a warm, welcoming, and articulate manner.
- Must pay great attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, and work with frequent interruptions.
- Light physical exertion on occasion.
- Long periods of sitting.
WORK HOURS AND DAYS
During the school year from mid-August until mid-June, Monday through Friday, approximately 7:30 am to 1:30 p.m. Summer hours are: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Within this schedule, the proportion of work for camp will change throughout the year. Approximately 1-4 hours per week for Camps in the fall and winter, increasing to about 7-10 hours per week towards the spring, becoming 40 hours per week in mid-June for the summer.
Park salaries and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading independent schools.
Send letter of interest stating the position you are applying for (email preferred), salary requirements, and resume to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee's duties.