Park School is a co-ed pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 independent school in northwestern Baltimore County, Maryland with approximately 200 full-time employees and many seasonal employees.
Under the direct supervision of the Head Groundskeeper, this non-exempt, full time, 12-month position provides care to campus grounds and outside equipment maintenance.
- Assist Head Groundskeeper with varying aspects of grounds management program including:
- Maintaining common areas and athletic fields to include; mowing, watering, sod replacement, and playing field lining for varsity games.
- Ensuring grounds keeping and snow removal equipment is kept in a good working order.
- Maintaining landscape beds and grounds detailing to ensure the campus is aesthetically pleasing and safe.
- Assists Head Groundskeeper with snow removal operations.
- Drive an A.M. or P.M. school bus route and at other times as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORK HOURS AND DAYS
- Monday through Friday, Hourly, 6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- On-call rotation on a regularly assigned basis; responding to after-hour alarm calls when necessary.
- Work holidays and after hours, as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Education or Equivalent, reading and writing proficiency.
- Landscaping experience a plus.
- General knowledge of landscaping to include; different grasses, trees, flowers and shrubs.
- Ability to:
- Read field layouts.
- Operate and maintain various types of grounds keeping equipment including; tractors, walk behind mowers, riding mowers, string trimmers, and edging machines.
- Operate and maintain all snow removal equipment to include; snow plow, salt spreaders, and snow blowers.
- Must know how to:
- Schedule and formulate project planning.
- Research, order, and purchase parts and materials.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain D.O.T and CDL certifications for school bus transportation.
- Must be able to work outside in all types of seasonal weather.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and annual physicals thereafter.
- Assist in all school emergencies.
- Other duties may be requested or assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Park salaries and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading independent schools.
Send cover letter (email preferred), resume, and salary requirements to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.