Working under the supervision of the Head grounds manager and the Director of Facilities, this position provides primary care to all grounds and outside equipment maintenance by assisting in the maintenance of athletic fields, campus common areas, landscape beds, equipment, and shop areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Sports Turf Maintenance
Sports programs include baseball, softball, lacrosse, soccer, and field hockey
- Assists in planning, supervising, and executing athletic field layout. Maintain and renovate natural grass and synthetic field surfaces
- Participate in turf program planning and application including fertilization, pest control, bio stimulants, aeration, and over-seeding
- Develop, plan and carry out duties pertaining to Integrated Pest Management. Identify and find solutions for turf pests
- Assist in field renovations including sod and irrigation
- Maintain landscape beds and common area turf
- Keep the campus aesthetically pleasing and safe
- Assist in tree removal, ornamental landscape care and maintenance
- Operate and maintain grounds equipment and vehicles
- Maintain a neat and organized shop
- Provide on call duties for snow and ice removal
- Assist in event set-up and breakdown
- Other duties may be requested or assigned
WORK HOURS AND DAYS
- Monday through Friday, Hourly, 6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Alternating Saturdays.
Education and Experience
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Experience in landscaping
- Experience with sports turf
- Experience with grass turf irrigation
- Ability to read blueprints or field layouts
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to safely operate and maintain variety of grounds keeping equipment including; tractors, utility vehicles, sprayers, spreaders, aerators, chainsaws, trimmers, and blowers
- Ability to operate and maintain all snow removal equipment to include; snow plow, snow blowers and execute ice melt applications.
- Knowledge of building construction including but not limited to playground surfaces and equipment, roadways, fencing and walls, and outdoor furniture
- General knowledge of landscaping including a variety of grasses, trees, flowers and shrubs
- Must have solid mechanical skills to make equipment repairs
- Must know how to schedule and formulate project planning
- Must know how to handle emergencies.
- Must know how to order and research and purchase parts and materials.
- Must be able to work outside in all types of seasonal weather.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Park salaries and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading independent schools.
Send cover letter (email preferred), resume, and salary requirements to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.