Park School is a co-ed pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 independent school in northwestern Baltimore County, Maryland with approximately 200 full-time employees and many seasonal employees.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Facilities, the Administrative Assistant supports departmental initiatives.
- Coordinate the school’s shipping, receiving and delivery of UPS, and FedEx packages.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining the cleaning supplies used by the contract cleaners.
- Assist with ordering parts and supplies for the department and conduct regular cost comparisons for pricing with vendors.
- Conduct product and project research as needed.
- Maintain database to ensure compliance with certificates of insurance, licensing, and permitting.
- Assist with facilities information management and record keeping.
- Establish and maintain an open line of communications with regular contractors and vendors. Maintain an accurate and current file on each.
- Maintain front lobby collection boxes for student drives and recycling of school wide ink cartridges
- Provide lunchtime assistance in Cafeteria as cashier.
- Assume the duties of the Front Desk Receptionist when required.
- Coordinate archival of student records.
- Possess or obtain CDL to assist with driving a school bus to support field trips.
WORK HOURS AND DAYS
- Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week.
Education and Experience
- Background in office administration practices.
- Experience with computerized cashiering.
- High School Diploma, College a plus.
- CDL or ability to obtain a CDL for bus driving
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills and work independently
- Possess good analytical skills for gathering data, working on projects, doing reports, and finding solutions to different administrative issues.
- Ability to Multi-task and prioritize various projects and other work as required.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Occasional light physical effort required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Other duties may be requested or assigned.
Competitive salary and benefits
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, (email preferred) firstname.lastname@example.org
2425 Old Court Road, Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee's duties.