The Park School of Baltimore has an opening for an Accounting Associate. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Accounting, this full-time, non-exempt, 12-month position performs the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions. In addition, the position provides administrative support for Auxiliary Programs.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bill tuition and all incidentals.
- Record receipt of payments in system.
- Reconcile billing databases.
- Analyze tuition and fees data to assist with budget preparation.
- Assist with annual enrollment and re-enrollment processes.
- Serve as point of contact for billing inquiries. Research and resolve issues.
- Post all journal entries for the Department.
- Process invoices, requisitions and contracts for payment on weekly basis. Make sure invoices are coded and approved appropriately.
- Perform weekly check run for the operating and student activity accounts, mail checks and file.
- Oversee petty cash disbursements.
- Research vendor statements and discrepancies.
- Assist the Director of Accounting in promoting the rental of Park facilities.
- Take requests for facility rental use, analyze/coordinate availability, and scheduling.
- Attend weekly facilities meeting. Prepare agenda and present rentals for approval.
- Schedule and edit events and resources in reservation software. Notify Facilities and Athletics of any changes to approved events, including changes to resources, as needed.
- Work closely with Director of Accounting, Athletics, and Facilities on rental approval and coordination.
- Assist with the negotiation and preparation of the contract. Present contract to rental groups. Monitor receipt of deposit and Certificate of Insurance to ensure adherence to contract terms.
General Office Duties
- Process online bank deposits.
- Complete weekly bank runs for cash deposits.
- Provide cash or coin for school store and cafeteria.
- Sort department mail.
- Monitor and order department office supplies.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Warm, welcoming, and articulate manner, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, with frequent, competing deadlines and interruptions
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with independence
- Possess great attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing, and analyzing data
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- General knowledge of database applications and the ability to query data
- Strong analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, and to find solutions to various administrative/scheduling issues
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply agreements, codes, guidelines, rules, and regulations as they apply to rental operations
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position and be able to frequently move about the entire campus.
Other duties may be requested or assigned.
Competitive salary, health insurance, and other benefits
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (email preferred) to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee’s duties.