Park has off-duty uniformed officers stationed at the entrance of the school for afternoon carpool to help drivers maneuver safely while entering and exiting the campus. Although this has helped ease some potentially hazardous situations, it has not solved the problems completely.
The majority of our traffic issues occur from 8:15 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and from 2:50 p.m. to 3:20 p.m. Until the county and state begin to address the seriousness of these traffic concerns, Park must take the lead to alleviate the problem.
Interested in carpooling with other Park families? Click here to learn more about our partnership with CarpooltoSchool.
We appreciate your patience on the carpool line and your cooperation in the following ways.
For the Safety of our Community, Please Observe these Traffic Policies:
- NEVER CROSS THE DOUBLE YELLOW LINES on Park School Drive to avoid waiting in line to pickup your child. It is unsafe and it is against the law.
- PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR ENGINE WHILE PARKED AND WAITING in the carpool lane. The exhaust fumes can be hazardous.
- DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE in the carpool lane or while driving on campus.
- PAY ATTENTION to the officer, carpool staff, and your surroundings.
To Expedite Drop-off and Pick-up:
- PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE
- TEACH YOUR CHILD TO OPERATE SEAT BELTS AND CAR SEATS INDEPENDENTLY and to exit the vehicle safely.
- MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD is organized and prepared to get out of the car when you pull up to the school.
- PLEASE MOVE ALL THE WAY UP IN LINE, as close to the main entrance as possible, to drop-off or pick-up your child.
- CHILDREN should only EXIT THE CAR ONTO THE SIDEWALK in front of the building.
- STOP AT THE STOP SIGN AT THE CROSSWALK. DO NOT BLOCK THE CROSSWALK between the Wyman Arts Center and the Lieberman Building.
- LOWER AND MIDDLE SCHOOL FAMILIES MUST DISPLAY NAME CARDS on the dashboard. If you need a replacement card, contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the Lower School and email@example.com in the Middle School.
- CARS CANNOT WAIT INDEFINITELY AT THE FRONT OF THE CARPOOL LINE. Drivers will be asked to circle around the Lieberman Building to re-enter the carpool line if students are not waiting to get into the car.
- Suggested arrival times are 8-8:10 a.m. for Middle and Upper School students and 8:10-8:20 a.m. for Lower School students.
- Middle School student pick-up begins at 3:15 p.m.
- Kindergarten pick-up is 2:50 p.m. There should be one line of traffic around the kindergarten circle. Please DO NOT DOUBLE PARK AROUND THE INNER CIRCLE. The purpose of the inside lane is for cars to pull out after picking up children. Do not cut into the front of the line if you are late.
- CARPOOL WITH PARK FAMILIES. CarpooltoSchool is a cloud-based software that matches parents to potential carpool partners by providing easy-to-use tools to help you join existing school pools or start new ones. To learn more about CarpooltoSchool, visit www.carpooltoschool.com and read more here.
- Consider PARK SCHOOL BUS SERVICE. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-339-4110 for information or view information about our routes online.
- In the morning, consider approaching Park School Drive from Greenspring Avenue, which affords a safe right turn onto campus.
- Be courteous to drivers exiting the school and to traffic turning left onto Park School Drive from Old Court Road.
- Do not block the road to the rear of the school. This interferes with the Park School buses and other vehicles entering and exiting the rear parking lot.
- Always use your turn signals.
- Use the marked crosswalks and sidewalks.
- Please respond cordially and promptly to the requests of the carpool staff.
Your attention and cooperation will help to ease our traffic issues.