Individual instruction is the optimal way for students in grades 1–12 to gain the skills needed to explore their musical creativity. Our teachers are among the most highly qualified in Baltimore, with extensive performing and teaching experience both locally and internationally. We offer private and semi-private instruction. Lessons are tailored to the needs and goals of each student, and include technique, music theory, and performance skills. Our experienced faculty of professional musicians provides instruction on thirteen different instruments, including piano, guitar, and voice.
Registration and Schedule
Lessons are for grades 1–12. Register online by September 11, 2017.
Lessons begin the week of September 11, 2017.
Winter recitals will be held at the end of January or early February. Spring recitals will be held in mid-May. Ensembles will perform at assemblies, in concerts, and at other times to be announced.
- A $100 deposit is required to secure a space in our after school schedule and will be charged upon registration. The $100 will be applied to the total cost of lessons.
- Student accounts will be billed, through the business office, in monthly installments for the costs of the lessons beginning in October 2017 and ending with the April 2018 billing statement.
- Parents are responsible for notifying their student’s music teacher if the student will be missing a lesson.
- Providing 24 hours notice is given, the lesson may be rescheduled. There are no refunds for missed lessons.
- A maximum of FOUR make-up lessons per year may be requested due to student-related causes (illness, travel, field trips, sports, etc.). Lessons will be rescheduled during the course of the academic year.
- If a student misses more than four lessons during the academic year, those lessons may be made up at the discretion of the teacher.
- Teachers will inform parents of opportunities during the year for students to sign up for make-up lessons.
- Lessons missed due to teacher-related causes (illness, performing obligations, etc.) will be made up at the first mutually convenient opportunity.
- Once you have registered your child for private music lessons, you will have three lessons in which to decide whether you are going to continue for the entire school year.
- If after the third lesson you decide not to continue, you will be financially responsible for the 3 lessons plus a $50 administrative fee. After the third lesson, you are financially responsible for the entire cost of the lessons for the year and no refunds will be given.
- The Park School must be notified of the decision to discontinue lessons no later than October 16, 2017.
An instrument requires practice to become competent. Students should practice a minimum of 30 minutes per day.
Recital participation is strongly encouraged for the student and family. Studying an instrument is fun, but it is also hard work, and this is an opportunity to acknowledge the students’ progress.
Recital dates are on the master calendar and are held in February and May.
Please contact email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!