Reporting to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations, the Director of Development Communications is an experienced professional responsible for the provision of overall communications expertise, perspective, and services to support all development operations. The Director is also responsible for the design and management of an integrated development message to maximize fundraising and alumni engagement with the School. The Director works closely with Park’s Director of Communications and Marketing to ensure that the Development department’s needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner, and message content and design align to form a cohesive presentation. When required, the Director of Development Communications would be involved in the selection and oversight of development communications firms for such things as campaign collateral materials.
- Plan communications needs with all units within Development and consolidate into an annual plan to be coordinated at the School level with the Director of Communications and Marketing.
- Design an integrated development message that covers all development-driven fundraising initiatives as well as alumni activities or other themes as needed.
- Ensure quality control of all communications and products whether done in-house or externally.
- Write text for direct mail, newsletters, proposals, fact sheets, or other communications. Coordinate, design and create templates for invitations, programs, and brochures.
- Coordinate electronic messaging and social media regarding all development-driven fundraising initiatives, alumni communications, and news sharing.
- Assist the Director, the Director of Principal Gifts and Major Initiatives, and Head, when requested, with communications projects or issues.
- Other development or alumni duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant graduate degree desirable
- Three years of experience in communications field, preferably in a relevant development operation, ideally in an independent school
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and editing motivational materials and the development of marketing tools
- Expertise in online messaging and familiarity with web design
- Ability to articulate the School’s mission, history, values, and achievements in all media
- Substantive understanding of publication preparations, including graphics, typography and printing production
- Experience in budgeting and cost estimating
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills for effective support of staff, volunteers and senior leaders
SALARY & BENEFITS
The Park School of Baltimore offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (email preferred) to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road, Baltimore 21208
The Park School of Baltimore does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee's duties.