The Park School of Baltimore has an opening for a full-time Accounting Associate. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Accounting, this non-exempt, 12-month position performs billing and receipt application functions for students, employees, and retirees. In addition, the position provides administrative support for Auxiliary Programs. Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bill tuition and all incidentals.
- Record receipt of payments in system.
- Reconcile billing databases.
- Analyze tuition and fees data to assist with budget preparation.
- Assist with annual enrollment and re-enrollment processes.
- Serve as point of contact for billing inquiries. Research and resolve issues.
- Maintain and organize data for reporting, reconciliation, and analysis.
Auxiliary Programs Assistant
- Assist the Director of Accounting in promoting the rental of Park facilities.
- Take requests for facility rental use, analyze/coordinate availability, and scheduling.
- Schedule appointments and tours with groups or persons interested in renting the facilities.
- Attend weekly facilities meeting. Prepare agenda and present rentals for approval.
- Schedule and edit events and resources in reservation software. Notify Facilities and Athletics of any changes to approved events, including changes to resources, as needed.
- Work closely with Director of Accounting, Athletics, and Facilities on approval and coordination of rentals.
- Assist with the negotiation and preparation of the contract. Present contract to rental groups. Monitor receipt of deposit and Certificate of Insurance to ensure adherence to contract terms.
- Responsible for billing and tracking of payment for rental contracts. Process credit card payments in system. Submit checks for bank deposit.
- Supply information and direction to renter related to rules, resources, and access.
- Serve as point of contact for rental inquiries as well as rentals under contract. Provide feedback, coordination, and communication between Park and rental groups.
- Maintain and organize data for reporting and analysis. The creation of ad hoc reports is frequently required.
- Maintain the accuracy of the facility rental portion of the Park website.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Warm, welcoming, and articulate manner, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, with frequent, competing deadlines and interruptions
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with independence
- Possess great attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing, and analyzing data
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- General knowledge of database applications and the ability to query data
- Strong analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, and to find solutions to various administrative/scheduling issues
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply agreements, codes, guidelines, rules, and regulations as they apply to rental operations
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position and be able to frequently move about the entire campus.
Other duties may be requested or assigned.
Park salaries and benefits are highly competitive with those in other leading independent schools.
Under current policy, full-time employees are eligible to receive full tuition remission after two years for their children who attend Park. All candidates, including children of employees, must meet Park’s standards for admission. (During the first two years of employment, faculty may apply for aid through the need-based financial assistance program.)
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (email preferred) to:
The Park School of Baltimore
2425 Old Court Road
Baltimore, MD 21208
The Park School does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, ancestry, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any physical or mental disability unrelated to a reasonable performance of an employee's duties.